Monday, March 19, 2007

The March of the Toes



I know with gladness all my toes
And possibly those of my foes
Perhaps even each one of them knows

My big toe, it surely knows
My little toe, it also knows
The three between, each knows

I know a toe who really knows
Every day in his heart he grows
And his happiness, it truly shows.

----

I'm incredibly silly with my prose
Yet I'd even present it with a rose
Qu'ove revolution's the way I chose

Enough before I make longer my nose
Or the Quinimaginative will expose
the one who wears feathered clothes

From my spirit an outpouring flows
Toes, toes be steady and compose
Or else I'll make mockery of my pose

Crowing with laughter I hear the crows
Waking even those who love to doze
Crowds are gathering, they want to propose

To join the revolution and end their woes
To make the old way to rot and decompose
Fools are those who dare to stand and oppose

No one can stop the march of the Toes
Towards the destiny of a day without close
A day full of love - the revolution's qu'oves.

Qu'ove Revolution ©2007

With thanks to Sai who inspires me.


March of the Toes... Version II (In response to Nigel's message in the comments)

I'm a silly poetical Dodo
Do-di dodo do-di dodo, Dodo!

I am into iambic poetry
Do-di dodo do-di dodo, do-dee

Dance to the pentameter, come on now
Do-di dodo do-di dodo do-dow

Use your toes and count to ten, that is how!
Do-di dodo do-di dodo do-dow!

Come and march with your nimble toes, lets go!
Do-di dodo do-di dodo, Dodo!

----------------------------------------------------------------


March of the Toes - Version III by Nigel

Feudal Serfer, 99 / M Mudbury, UK

Sent To: Phil-osophical Dead Bird

RE: Clever Iambic? Nah.

Is it clever, counting metre on one's toes
Shouldn't it be a good poet instinctively knows
How many syl-a-buls to insert into a stanza
Instead of hopping on one foot like a maddened dancer
To access footie digits that give the number
And hop around to the 'writing poetry' rumba

No the dodo has got these things off pat
Without fear of extinction write the verse 'just like that'
And then scoot off to the Tennyson's Arms
To sample the delights of the poet's charms
And quaff an ale without recourse to the toes
How poets ever wrote at all, heaven only knows.



-------------Phil-osophical Dead Bird wrote:

Clever men like Nigel can do the iambic pentameter...
How should simple dodos like me do it?

------------------------------------------------------------------

To suggest then that we meet at the Tennyson's Arms...
How can he tease me in this way when I'm in
Allah's blessed Kingdom of Saudi Arabia...
I think that's cruel! Don't you?

Comments

(11 total)

Lovely Phil xx

Monday 19 March 2007 - 09:40AM (GMT)

Thanks Annwyl! I think so too.

Monday 19 March 2007 - 12:44PM (GMT)


U can stand on my Toes, anytime!

Monday 19 March 2007 - 08:19PM (CDT)

Feudalserfer has sent you a message
Feudalserfer Offline Feudal Serfer, 99 / M
Mudbury, UK
Sent To: Phil-osophical Dead Bird

RE: Toes
I have the regulation ten toes which is why I write my verse in iambic pentameter so much. I use my feet to count the metre.

-------------Phil-osophical Dead Bird wrote:

> Counting toes is a poetical experience... How many have you got?

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 03:18AM (GMT)

Sai, good job I'm a 'feather'weight! Hahaha --- ooh I'm so funny I really am!

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 03:21AM (GMT)

Now that Nigel is just so very clever of you! The problem is though you need five feet to do an iambic pentameter and you've only got two!

I'm a simple dodo with two feet and three toes on each thus I do my poetry in tri-trains with as many feet as I like...

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 04:45AM (GMT)

Da dum da dum da dum da dum da dum!

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 04:53AM (GMT)


i guess 99yr old men from MudTowns, UK should realize that u'r not the average DoDo when it comes 2 Math... and Poetry!

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 12:38AM (CDT)

DoDo Di Dodo Di DaDa Di Dodo...I have eleven toes, hehe...
So lovely! ^_^

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 03:21PM (ICT)

I am a person, a person that knows
that some people sit around contemplating their toes,
I wish to give them a small little clue
that there are not very many, only a few
there are only a small number that see beyond their nose
and those are the people that can count all of their toes.

Just thought you needed a bit of help from a sibling! love ya, lil bro!

Tuesday 20 March 2007 - 06:33AM (CDT)

Cool!

Sunday 25 March 2007 - 02:36AM (EST)

No comments: